Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Parents! Learn to Tell Your Child "NO"

Today, once again, I infuriated a parent. Well, I am sorry but I am not too happy either. We had our Veteran's Day program. The kids were to wear clothing that was red, white and blue. One of my kids showed up in a tuxedo. It was too big and it had long tails. I told him to hang the jacket up because it wasn't for the program. After the program he was crying. His mother came running up to him. She talked to hime and then turned around and gave me a look that could kill and stomped by me. She did not speak. I asked the kid what was wrong and he said that he wanted to wear his jacket. I told him that his jacket was not appropriate for our program. That the program was not about him but about the Veteran's. I told him that he was not supposed to be noticed and that we don't wear tuxedos to our program. He quit crying and asked me if I was mad. I told him I wasn't mad but I was disgusted that he was crying. I suppose. . . . I will hear about this. Most people would tell the kid "no" at home. I told him he was the baby at home but he wasn't at school and he would act like the other kids. Why? Why? Why? do some parents do everything they can to make their kids weird. This kid is smart and has a good sense of humor. He is smart and cute but he is constantly doing something to get attention. His parents think it is funny and cute. I just want him to be "normal." He pouted all day. I don't know what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment