Monday, February 23, 2009

Third grade compliments

Today I went to school feeling like I have pneumonia. I am coughing and was up most of the night. But, I thought I would go in the morning and come home in the afternoon as my kids have "specials" from 12:30-2:00 on Mondays. ( Of course, that means on Tuesday we don't have any.) Anyway, I got a hair cut this weekend. A much overdue haircut. My hair had been looking pretty fuzzy and I was out of make-up and getting my make-up out of the jar with a Q-tip.I got new foundation,blush, and eyeshadow this weekend. This morning my kids came in the room and all of them commented on my haircut. I had just washed and combed it because I didn't feel like fixing it so it looked OK but not fixed. One of my boys that I call my "grandstudent" said "Teacher, you look like you did in the picture my mom has of you when you were her teacher." I asked if that was a good thing and he said yes. All of the teachers had told me I was pale and my eyes were swollen but one of my girls came in and said, "Teacher you look beautiful." Well, that was worth going to school for. Then every time I would cough, one of my boys would get this very concerned look on his face and ask if I was OK and did I need him to get anything for me. They are so sweet. (Remind me of this later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment